Bouldering involves increased inherent risks because YOU WILL FALL, and all falls are ground falls which could result in serious injury. Padded floors and crash pads (where present) mitigate risks, but do not and cannot guarantee prevention of injury or death. Many injuries occur when you fall near or at the top of the wall and / or when you miss the crash pad or hit an edge of a crash pad. To reduce your risk of injury:
- Down climb when possible instead of jumping off.
Keep Landing Zones Clear:
- Do not lounge on pads or walk under climbers.
- Remove all personal items (like water bottles) from landing zones.
- Be aware at all times because you could land on or be landed on by other participants.
Proper Falling Technique Can Reduce Injuries:
- Stay relaxed Keep your legs and arms slightly bent and ready to absorb impact. A tense body will result in more impact force throughout your body.
- Do not try to stay standing up Trying to stay upright at all times will cause injuries. Absorb force by collapsing / rolling to the ground. Do not try to stop your fall with your hands and arms outstretched.
Ratings: SteepWorld rates the difficulty of boulder problems by color. Green, Yellow, Orange, Red. With green being the easiest and red the most difficult. All ratings are subjective and are only suggestions.
- All climbers must sign in at the front desk.
- Climbing is inherently dangerous. Participants must assume the risks of climbing. All climbers must sign a SteepWorld Agreement, Release, and Waiver of Liability form. Those under 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or court-appointed legal guardian.
- Children 12 years of age or younger must have an adult present at all times.
- Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are not permitted at SteepWorld. Anyone suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave.
- Please do not bring food, drink, or pets into the climbing area.
- Please report any unsafe conditions, damage of the walls, holds, or exercise equipment to the SteepWorld staff.
- Spotting is recommended when bouldering.
- Please do not climb above or below other climbers.
- Children 12 years of age or younger are not permitted in the climbing area without close supervision by an adult.
- Climbing shoes only. No bare feet, boots, or street shoes on the climbing walls and no street shoes on the mats.
- Please keep your chalk in your chalk bag.
All persons at SteepWorld are expected to respect other individuals and conduct themselves in good order. Persons deemed by the SteepWorld staff to be behaving in an unsafe or disorderly fashion will be asked to leave the facility.